Promote Queenstown as competitive destination for business events.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and experienced Conference and Incentive (C&I) leader to make a difference in one of New Zealand’s leading tourism marketing organisations. Destination Queenstown (DQ), incorporating the Queenstown Convention Bureau (QCB), is the official regional tourism office for Queenstown.
Reporting to the CEO, the QCB Director is responsible for the development of the QCB’s overall strategic vision and leading the QCB as a business events marketing agency in domestic and international markets.
Managing a small and experienced team, the QCB Director engages confidently with senior industry stakeholders in the business events sector, nationally and internationally, as well as working closely with our stakeholder businesses and the wider DQ team.
This is an outstanding opportunity for someone who:
- Is a dynamic and strong business events leader with a minimum of 10 years’ successful management experience, ideally having led a successful Convention Bureau
- Has highly developed strategic business skills
- Is experienced in C&I sales and lead management processes
- Has a passion for Queenstown and development of Queenstown as a competitive business events destination
- Operates with autonomy and uses creativity, initiative and independent judgement
- Has excellent senior relationship building, networking, influencing and negotiation skills
- Relates well to a wide variety of people at all levels of organisations from different cultural and linguistic background
- Demonstrates superior and articulate communication skills
- Holds relevant tertiary qualifications
To apply, find out more information or request a copy of the
position description, please contact Kate Martin, HR Manager:
hr@queenstownNZ.nz. Applications close Friday, 7 April.